Thursday, February 21, 2008

ICE







Here's the scene--it is barely dawn and Russ announced that he had to go outside "right now"! So I stumble out of bed, pull my boots on, find a coat, hat and mittens and proceed out the front door with my tethered dog. Whoosh, I am overtaken by a blast of cold air, but Russ assures me the trip is necessary. I notice that it has snowed again and groan. I stepped off the porch and bam I am laying on the ground looking like a bad yard sale. Then I remember the ice under the snow.

While I am laying on the ground assessing whether I have broken anything or just wounded my pride, wondering and hoping that noone has seen me splayed out in the front yard, I realize that Russ is standing on top of me. He is squarely looking me in the eyes with an attitude of "okay enough already I have needs--Get Up"! I assure him that no progress in upright movement can take place until he gets off me.

Sorry no pictures of the yard sale, just a few of Russ frolicing on the frozen tundra we call the cottage yard, and the cold snowy view of the Mississippi River from the front yard.

No comments: