Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cat Food

Russ and I spent the evening at advanced obedience class and experienced seriously mixed results, but that is not what I intend to write about, maybe another day. What happened when we got home far out weighed any Corgi Caper at obedience class.

We came home and it was time for doggie dinner and kitty treat. So here's my routine when I am home alone. I mix up the doggie kibble, set it out and then get the cat's treat ready. Then if I can't sneak past Russ with the cat kibble, I make him sit and stay while the cats and I head for the half bath. Okay that is how it supposed to go...here's what really happened.

Russ made a run for the kitty chow, and I made him sit and told him to stay. He complied--well for a time. Just as I bent over to put the cat food on the bathroom floor, without any warning, he bolted between my legs. I didn't even hear him coming. I swear we could contract him out for stealth work. So he bolts between my legs, smashes into the cat food, he smokes both cats and I land in a heap next to the toilet! I am telling you it was like a bad bowling scene--wet cat food flying, cats hissing, dog still trying to eat the cat food, and me hoping I didn't break anything. Did I mention that Tuesday is or should I say was cleaning day?

Sorry folks no pictures or video, for that matter, of the bowling for cat food scene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...I'm keeping score at home. So, Russ get the points for the strike, plus his next two attempts, right? ;o)

Thus far, I have the score as follows:
Russ: WAAAY too many
Mom: Not NEARLY enough

Is that about accurate? :o)

Russ - If you're gonna get mom, you have ALWAYS got to do it with style, my man!! Two paws up from soon to be stepdad Boo

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Russ here. I have to be very quiet because Mom is making noise about something called boot camp and I have no idea what it is--I am sure I will not like it.

Yeah I am way ahead of Mom in points--so far ahead Mom Kathy says she will never catch up, but Mom is really really competitive so we are keeping that quiet.

Boy oh boy do I like cat food even more than hotdogs. I got most of it last night too, but Mom is not admitting to that....