Monday, April 7, 2008

Rain

Rain must bring out some really great smells. Last night after dinner, Russ, Sara and I went out for a quick business session because it was raining cats and dogs. Sara immediately hunkers down and takes care of stuff, but Russ is busy screwing around.

Russ is romping, flitting hither, thither and yon sniffing the night air. But if that didn't beat all, he starts rolling around in the wet grass with his legs waving to the evening stars. Meanwhile Sara and I are getting soaked. So I try to cajole him into focusing on matters at hand. The goof ball starts running Cardi laps around us with obviously no intention of applying himself.

Sara has had it and makes it clear that her old girl hips are not digging this scene and asks to go inside. So after getting Sara in the house, I focus on Russ. A few more Cardi laps, and rolls in the wet grass and he finally decides to focus. Thanks goodness, except by then my boots were filled with water and my hair was silky from the rain water rinse.

Just another day and another laugh with my buddy Russ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would have been a great photo opportunity for the two of you. Joy

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Russ here. Mom never lets her picture be taken when her hair is bad! Smiles and hugs, Russ

Anonymous said...

Must have been something in the air. Grandpa Fred and Grandma Tuli were both refusing to come inside and when they did, yuck, wet doggies.

And I agree with your mother Russ-I don't do wet photos either.

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Russ here. I can't wait to play with Grandpa Fred. When I grow up I want to be just like him.