Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Don't Get It

Hey guys, it is me Ruffles!

I haven't posted an "I don't get it rant" in a long time.  Mainly because I had Mom perfectly trained.  It took a while but I accomplished my mission.  But recently, things have seriously gone astray.

First, Mom says, "Ella had puppies".  Now I have seen these things and they are not puppies.  I love puppies!  Puppies play, bark, romp, walk over my back, wrestle, play tug, and these critters do not do any of these things.  I don't get it!

Second, Mom says, "Ruff I don't have time to throw your ball for hours!"  What the heck?  I had her trained to throw that ball until I decided the game was over.  I even trained her to fetch it, if I didn't like where she threw it.  What is happening?  I don't get it!

Third, I am sleeping with Mom Kathy instead of Mom.  Mom Kathy doesn't understand my bed rules.  She allows Rainbow to sleep up beside her, and I am at the foot of the bed.  Good grief!  I don't get it?

Fourth, Mom isn't catering to my eating schedule and habits.  I prefer my kibble fully mixed with wet food, a good handful of cheese on top, and then I bark at it for 20 mins or so then I eat.  Mom actually said, "Ruffles I don't have time for this nonsense today, eat or go hungry."  The nerve! At least she mixed it up good and put my cheese on it.  But  I still don't get it!

Finally, when we have visitors they fawn over those hamsters, Mom calls puppies.  Now seriously, this is completely unacceptable!  I am King Ruffles.  My subjects come to fawn over me, not hamsters!  Now I get a few scritches and a good boy Ruff, then on to the critters.  I REALLY don't get this one!

Things better get back to normal soon, or I am going to start a bark revolt.  Mom hates barking....hehehehehehe...now there's an idea.  Gotta go and start my bark revolution.

3 comments:

Jill Tran said...

OMG this is the cutest post !
PS what's this barking before eating business. Does Russ want more food, different food, or hand-fed food ? Like most of her pals, Dora does the gobble gobble and the meal is gone within one minute ... and she's the "daintiest" eater of the bunch

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Oh Jill, Ruff and eating has been and unfortunately will probably continue to be an issue. He wants variety, he wants different add ins, he wants an audience...need I keep going on and on. He has passed it to about half of his kids and the other half are regular chow hound corgis. Consider yourself blessed you got one of the eaters!

Winjammin' said...

Poor Ruffles!!!! Just wait till I can come see you and then I'll pick you up like you like and maybe we'll have to go for a walk at Nationals! :o)

Hang in there big boy!! Those hamsters will turn into your little playmates in a few more weeks, and then you'll be ready for hem all to leave!! If you don't believe me, ask Uncle Boo...he'll tell ya the same thing!