Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ella and Me

My dear friend Lisa has been kidding me that I need to write a book about my (mis) adventures with Ella. She says everyone would forget about Marley...

So the latest caper begins at Lisa's house as Ella is in season and Ruff Ruff decided that if Ella is in season then he can't eat. Apparently while Lisa was out for a bit she chewed our green rocking chair, knocked over a lamp and broke the bulb. (No blood shed just carnage!)

So let's add up the tally in just the last month--

One cherry cupboard corner
One hand tooled banister spiral
One crown molding trim piece
3 Redwood deck boards
2 Screen doors

On the cheaper side of the equation--

untold shoe laces
both pull tights off my Merrill sandals--good thing I have no pride and am perfectly willing to wear them as is..
4 zippers out of the dog beds (yes I am making the dogs still use them--they just don't hold their stuffing the way they should)


Well I should add some of her other misadventures

one leg off an Ethan Allen entry chair
untold Entry Rugs (I gave up and we no longer adorn the entry with a rug. I wonder how that is going to work for us come winter?)
another Redwood deck board
2 screens (yes my handy man repaired them and you guessed it--ate threw them again)
shoes--lost count a long time ago.

hmmmmm I know that I am missing something.....

Now the Ella camp swears that my handy man is smearing steak juice on things. And trust me that is Ella's story and she is sticking to it.


3 comments:

penni said...

I just hope she's not corresponding with any of my puppies to be. Ooooh, baddog!

Sherilyn said...

Oh my...she makes my drywall eaters look like saints! ;)

bekka13 said...

I don't quite think you have drywall eaters mother. You must have really cracked your head in your tumble down the stairs. Those big holes in the wall are from you, not the dogs. LOL