Thursday, October 15, 2009

Buckeyes...No Not Me!

I love to put Buckeyes out this time of year. Buckeyes get scooped up for good luck. Folks grab a couple each year to carry in their pockets. Most important to me buckeyes bring out smiles.

Now this year buckeyes have brought a entirely new depth of smiles to my house. You see this year the cats and dogs have entered into a limited time coalition. The cats drop the Buckeyes on the floor, so that the dogs can play with them.

Now I have no real desire to clean up, chase or step on these little gems. Three of my four clowns are quite obvious when they have something in their mouth. A simple "drop it" command will consistently produce a buckeye with the predictable clowns. But Shaker, well, he is bigger and can easily cheek the buckeye.

But it turns out Shaker is quite predictable too. You see if I look at Shaker and he doesn't have anything in his mouth he just comes over for pets. If he has one of the buckeyes in his mouth, he gets a gleam in his eye and runs full out down the hallway.

Silly boy gives me the same look every time I catch up with him..."How did you know I had a buckeye?"

2 comments:

Sharrie said...

Sounds like you know them pretty well, but it does sound like a dog/cat conspiracy.

Kodi said...

Kodi doesn't have a poker face either. Whenever he has something he shouldn't in his mouth (sock, rylee's dog sweater, etc.) his tail flags up and to the side and he prances/canters away with this funny little gait of "ha ha ha." I have to get it on video, it is the funniest thing!