Monday, October 19, 2009

Ella Bella Bumblee Bee


Ella has been invited to attend a Halloween pet parade for the children at Gilda's Club (Noogieland). Now one can not go to a Halloween parade in just anything so I decided to break out my sewing machine which has not seen my hands since Russ was a puppy. (We needed a crate cover for the show sites, but I digress...)

Anyway I did a bit of searching about and decided that Ella Bella would make a particularly good bumble bee. I ended up making two because the first was too small. The second overall fits much better but she can get the hood off without any trouble, so Ella will be wearing her hood with antennae as a neck scarf.

Now the story behind the picture is pretty interesting and a bit scary too. I tried getting a shot of her on the floor but the boys wouldn't leave her alone, so I put her on the table. Apparently two short barks and a howl mean JUMP, so just as I snapped the picture she prepared herself to JUMP off the kitchen table. I howled STAY! Thank goodness she did, or broken bones would have not permitted any Halloween parade!

2 comments:

Sharrie said...

She looks marvelous! Good idea for a sewing job! Glad she didn't take the plunge off the table!

Angela said...

You did a fantastic job sewing her bumble bee costume! I'm glad she listened to you and didn't jump off the kitchen table! I don't think mine would have listened as well.

Hugs,
Angela