Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas cometh

This blog started with a tale of Ruffles getting into the Christmas packages. On that day he not only successfully opened loads of gifts but he got himself so sticky he had to have a bath. So I guess it wouldn't be Christmas without tales of Cardis gone wild.

The village was put up a few days ago, and I promptly reminded the Riverbend Cardis and Duchess too to "Leave It"! Apparently Music was listening because the tractor was found hanging out of her mouth. Can you spell BUSTED! Music is now banned from the living room unless attended by a responsible adult.

This leads us to a kitchen Cardi Caper perpetrated by Ella. (Yes, please note that these two capers were completed by my good dogs! YESH!) Any who, I left Ella in the kitchen while I ran to the store. When I returned home I noticed her very pink foot and mouth. I immediately began scouring the kitchen for evidence--which was immediately found! The Cardigan wreath was missing one black and white cardi, one brindle cardi and a whole host of red cranberries. The wreath was beyond salvageable so it now lives in the landfill. And Ella is still pink. Did I mention we have a show this weekend? Now where did I leave that white lightening?

5 comments:

Sharrie said...

Funny how we figure out what went on and who done it. They make me laugh, and I need that.sun

Krystal said...

Hiya! It's so nice to meet you! Rainbow looks just like Izzy! How big is she? Izzy is small, only about 18lbs, and she's a horrible picky eater! I'm so excited to have found you guys!!!!

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Hey Dwarf Dog, I am so excited to know where another of Ruffles puppies are that I could sing.

My Rainbow is exactly 18lbs soaking wet. The entire litter turned out very small which took after Music who is on the slight side but not that small. Now that picky eater thing, I am sorry to say comes from Ruffles. He is a prima dona and wants his food to be special. It seems his daughters have inherited that tendency. Rainbow likes her kibble mixed with cottage cheese. Cheers, Kim

Sherilyn said...

Ruffles is picky unless Aunt Sherilyn offers him some plain old hot dog, then he eats it! :)

It just wouldn't be Christmas at your house without one of the dogs eating one of the figurines! Hope the rest of the season is a little more peaceful.

For the pink foot, try the spray chalk (Magic White, or something like that). It's what I use when we're showing outside and have to cover grass stains. Let it almost dry, then use the regular chalk over the top. :) This has been your friendly grooming tip of the day! Cheers! Good luck! And much love and hugs and kisses to my Guppy (and to everyone else there, too!) :) Miss you guys!

Sherilyn said...

Do you have any Ducky White for the mouth area? Just remember...it IS oil based, it will not come off your hands very easily! :) hehe