Friday, December 10, 2010

River Life

I was watching the Shaker, Ruffles and Rainbow play in the snow this morning. Each has a role as they zig and zag about the yard. But today it occurred to me that they were each like the boats we watch throughout the river seasons--a barg, ski boat and jet boat respectively.

Shaker lumbers forward, it takes him a bit to get moving but stand back once he is forward motion. Ruffles it fast, makes tracks and can turn to recover something on a dime. Rainbow is quick as a lick, fits into small places and generally zips about with abandon. Yeppers, the three parallel the most common boats we watch on our Mighty Mississippi! And on that thought, yes I do yearn to sit behind the wheel of my boat and enjoy the river once again.

P.S. I am hoping Santa brings me a new camera so I can once again add pictures! Yes, I could use Kathy's camera, but let's face it there is nothing like the feel of your own camera, and beside every time I go to use it she bellows, "where is my camera?" kbg

No comments: