Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Garage Door

I indulged myself today with a massage today, and was quite happy upon my arrival home. I hit my garage door opener and pulled the dog mobile into my stall. I then hit the remote again and merrily got out of said dog mobile. Imagine my horror when I saw my beloved ELLA standing under the door as it is coming down. The auto eye FAILED! I bolt toward her and boot her out of the garage just as the door would have slammed onto her back.

OK now I said to myself, I sure hope she is true to form and has not taken a walk on the wild side. So I scoot into the house and open the laundry room door, and bellow "Ella Bella". She comes bounding from the front yard and gallops up the stairs into the house. I, of course, praised her for being wonderful.

And then staggered into the house realizing that I had tensed every muscle in my body, heart pounding, and gasping for air! Next item on my to do list---call my handy man!

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Ouch!! :( Hope your back feels better soon!! Lucky for Ella that you saw her standing there!

Christopher Guarracino said...

I'm glad you were not seriously hurt. Yeah, you should have your garage door checked. Incidents like this can cause much more accidents. My dog's rear left leg was almost caught by my closing garage door before. The repairman found out that a spring was broken and other parts were loose.