Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Water Logged

The temperature is rising again so time to clean out the Cardi pools and refill them. Now they have had water in them all along but I haven't been diligent about regularly refilling them. So today I dumped the pools, hosed them out and started refilling them.

Well Shaker got a wild hair and grabbed the hose and shook it like he was killing a snake. So in his zeal to kill the hose he soaks me, I squealed and jumped out of firing range. Well apparently my drama meant game for Shaker Baby. He started chasing me all over the yard with the hose. As he is chasing me about the yard all I could think of was why did I have such long hose?

This great game continued until I finally got my head about me and stopped running from the hose to which Shaker stopped and stood still while literally water logging me and I said, "Drop It!" He did. Game Over.

Now the only question remains--why didn't I think of that at the beginning of the great water chase?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh sorry, that must be genetic---Fred does that!!!! heehee, I can just picture it too....

Kodi said...

That totally cracks me up! Kodi likes to chase the water stream, but hasn't gone for the hose yet. I better make sure he doesn't read this blog post and get any ideas!

Dawn said...

I guess we know who is the smarter one then don't we. LOL. What a cutie he is.

penni said...

WHY didn't someone have a camera at the ready? Too funny!

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

oh i was laughing the entire post and then when you thought' Why do i have such a long hose" made me spew my drink...so thank you :) I can just envision this...that is way too funny! Sounds like something I would do!!

And yes, why didn't you think of 'drop it' in the first place? ;) LOL

Joy said...

What fun! I needed the laugh out loud.