Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ella Bella

Ella Bella turned a year yesterday, but I was too busy cleaning up after her to post.

Let's see first thing yesterday morning she broke my glasses, and turns out I can't get into see the eye doctor until April. Who needs to see anyway?

Then after a wild romp in the back yard, she began practicing her agility moves. She scaled the baby gate to enter the forbidden living/dining room again! This time she assaulted not only the tree but the village is missing several ice skater heads, and Santa will never be the same! Oh an one ice skater is completely missing inaction--only her boots remain! I wonder if she is getting coal in her stocking?

So while I was having tea with a friend, this beloved friend mentioned that she had a taller gate that she used to successfully keep her Siberian Husky out of the living room. She offered it to me and I accepted in a snap. About an hour later I had the gate installed and was feeling quite smug.

Then I bundled up my joy filled Cardi and headed to obedience class. This was seemingly our last advanced class and theoretically she would be ready to take her CGC test. Could I have been any more wrong? She totally blew me off for 80% of the class. The 20% that she was on she was really on. Well shame of all shame, we are repeating advanced and I will be working more on PROOFING!

With my tall baby gate still holding, I made a steak dinner, and all the Cardis got some to celebrate Ella birthday.

Then Kathy and I went to sit in the beautifully decorated living room. I built a fire and had visions of a relaxing evening dancing in my head. Could I have been more wrong? Ella scaled the Husky sized gate! Holy Mother Of Goodness! She scaled the 3 1/2 foot gate! Well as soon as she made the living room, I decided to let her stay. Almost immediately all &^%$ broke out with the puppy, so we brought her into the living room. Do you see where this is going?

Then Rambo, oh sorry I meant Rainbow, busted down the Husky sized gate, and let the rest of hooligans into the living room. CRAP!! I spent the next two hours, with NO's, Leave It's and Drop It's. The body damage was great but not as bad as last year--only 5 ornaments crossed over to recycling!

By 10:30 I was ready to take the tree, the village and everything else down. Kathy keeps assuring me they will grow up. To which my reply is..."If they live that long!"

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh My! What else is there to say? Good thing that one is so cute. Hope tonight is a bit more peaceful and a bit less piece full!

penni said...

Really? I didn't know that they behaved better when they grew up -- at what age does that happen?

Scott said...

Based on our two pems, Corgis become well-behaved after about 18 years of age. Up until then, they're completely wild and untrustworthy. :-)

Sherilyn said...

LOL Scott!! I think the Cardigans usually mellow around 16...Pems are 18! ;)

Kim - I think you need Duchess there to keep the young Hooligans in line!! She and Ruby tag team our youngsters, and seem to keep them under control a little better. ;)

Lybertygirl said...

OMG - what a hoot - I need a good laugh today!

Unknown said...

I don't think Ella scaled the Husky fence, she jumped over it and also cleared the shorter gate that was a foot away at the same time. She thinks she is a flying squirrel.