Thursday, December 24, 2009

Someone's Gettin'


Nuttin' for Christmas! And her name is Rambo!

As Corgi Capers go this one will be ranked among the top 10.

Little Puppy Rainbow (aka Rambo) pushed the stair gate down the stairs taking an Isabelle Bloom statue with it. (Now I am well aware that normal people do not use their Isabelle Bloom's for counter weight, but desperate times call for desperate measures. And the heaviest thing without bringing in concrete blocks from the shed was...an Isabelle Bloom statue.)

So once Little Rambo (all 10 lbs of her) knocked the gate and statue into the lower level family room, all the Cardis were free to roam among the cats. Now the cats are interesting but they are smart and hit high ground as soon as they hear the thundering herd. But cats come with other great stuff, like cat food, cat litter, and cat toys. Whooooo weeeee.....game on!

At the time the assault began I was soaking in a jacuzzi tub reading my latest issue of the Whole Dog Journal. Ironically I was reading an article on positive training, when I heard Kathy screeching at the top of her lungs what I thought was my name. (Turns out she was smarter than to yell for me when I am soaking and reading, she was yelling for Nick.) I was sure someone was dieing or had better be dieing if I had to jump out of a hot jacuzzi!

Well I policed up a robe and headed to the basement to find Rambo munching on cat food and the rest of the crowd milling about like it was the most normal thing in the world to be in the basement.

I was herding the hooligans up the stairs just about the time I noticed the decapitated statue. Oh she is getting nuttin' for Christmas...Santa's mad!

P. S. Turns out Cindy is a bit of an expert in head reattachment. I'll be making a date with her soon!

4 comments:

Lybertygirl said...

You gave me a much need laugh today - Merry Christmas to you all!

penni said...

I cannot tell you how hard I laugh (with you) when I read about your Baddogs. Best wishes for the holidays from me and my Baddogs.

sriselvalakshmi said...

Nice article!
namakkal egg suppliers

luckys said...

gtavapk.best
people who are willing to make themselves uncomfortable in order to walk in obedience to Jesus. Being a foster parent, for example, can be truly isolating.