Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yard Work with Cardis

We made our way to the back yard today, and I thought it would be good for the dogs to spend the day with me.  Before I got started I filled the dog pool.  

Well let me begin with the fact that the dog pool got used as a gigantic water bowl while Shaker and Ella continued to play in the muddy pond water.  Even Russ found his way to the edge but would have nothing to do with the actual water.

I raked a huge pile of leaves over the edge of the retaining wall, and one of Music's favorite things to do is jump off the retaining wall.  Well today was even better as she could jump into the leaf pile. Then she had the whole Cardi cast jumping into the pile.

Ella took to hiding in the bushes and would lie in wait for the others to come around--then it was the great Cardi pounce.  Oh that was the best game--she kept it up for 1/2 an hour.

Shaker and Russ led many games of catch me if you can.  I just love to watch the Cardi run with abandon.

Well at the end of the day they are all sleeping very soundly.  Ella was voted the dirtiest puppy again.  Music got the vote for most creative.  Ruff Ruff got the fastest award, and Shaker was annointed the best sport.

Oh it was a good day!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like fun was had by all. With your brood you should have your video cam on you at all times. Love to watch them play as they remind me of my Roscoe.

Peace
Liz

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Oh I know I should have the camera/video ready but well let's face it I have been a little busy.