Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Great Day

Well it all began this morning when I donned a sweatshirt so that I didn't freeze to death while Meredith tubed on the Mighty Mississippi. But as soon as I could convince her to get back in the boat, we had a spot of lunch returned home and promptly built a fire in the back yard pit.

The Cardis 4 were so excited to see us head for the backyard they could hardly contain themselves. We spent the entire day outside by the fire while the Cardi kids played ball, stick, and of course "catch me if you can!" Shaker and Ella went for a swim at least 2 dozen times while Music and Russ watched.

The real show came when we tried to play wiffle ball again. Now it went very well with Ella last night but my boys are ball crazy. So every time I tried to pitch the ball, one of the two juvenile delinquents would jump, bark or my all time favorite--bounce off of me. Yes indeed it was a show worth the price of admission.

By 8:00, the Cardis and their human companions were exhausted. It was a great day!

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! :) Hopefully you tired both the 2 legged kids and the 4 legged kids out so everyone can get some sleep! ;) hehe

penni said...

What a party! Jealous cardis here. I have a new blog name/eddress http://ElyanCardigans.com