Monday, June 29, 2009

Picnic

Hi it's me Ella Bella.

I had a really great evening. Mom said that I needed to have some additional socialization experiences--(whatever that means)--so I got to go on a picnic. My brothers and sister knew what a picnic was and they were seriously jealous that I got to go and they didn't. But I didn't know how much fun it was to go to a park with my people until I got there.

We went to a County park and my moms, Nick, Grandma Rose and Meredith got all this food and toys out of the people and dog hauler they call "the Burb." Mom hooked me up to a really long thing that she said was "Sara's." All I could think was who is "Sara and why am I hooked to her long thingy?" But when Mom finished eating and hooked the long thingy to her belt loop, all I could think was "wow this is fun!"

My best boy Nick and my good friend Meredith got out a bat and ball. Then we all went to a space for some "hitting practice." I thought it was great fun to watch Mom pitch to the everyone. I made sure that I interfered with her pitching every chance I got. Woo Wee did she laugh!

Then it was Mom's turn to hit. I was involved with smelling great stuff so I really didn't care what she was doing until the (wiffle) ball hit me. Mom said, "Good dog Ella you took one for the team, so you can take your base." Seriously, "take my base?" I had better things to do like run after butterflies, sniff for well anything...take a base--how boring!

Well my peeps played some more and then they said it was time to pack up. We cleaned up and I played a game they called "crazy dog." (Crazy dog is me running as fast as I can to the end of the leash (20Ft) then running back and doing the whole drill a couple of more times). When Mom said, "Okay Ella we have to go home, I was bummed and wanted to stay longer, but Mom promised that I could go on "picnic" again.

Well I hope I can go on another picnic soon. Even better I hope I can leave my brothers and sister home so that I can have all the fun again!!!

See you around the pond!

Ella


1 comment:

penni said...

The fun of watching a puppy have fun . . . go, Ella!

Note I have a new blog site -- http://ElyanCardigans.com

- Penni