Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It was a Big Time

Hey it's me Ruff Ruff.

We got in our big car, the one Mom calls an RV, and headed to North Central Iowa. We got there pretty early and got this really great site with plenty of room for my boy Nick to put out x-pens. Mom was pretty happy too because she had to time get things ready before our guests arrived. She did this silly thing of clearing half a closet for my best girl Bekka. I thought she was very silly but Mom said girls need room for stuff. I don't get it!

Then it started raining, so of course that's when everybody started arriving. Aunt Sherilyn, Uncle Rus and my best girl Bekka got this gigantic thing out of the truck. Mom called it a tent. I seriously think it looked like something they dragged out of the water, but hey if it makes 'em happy. There were poles, and fabric everywhere. Oh did I mention it was raining. So all the humans are getting wet putting this thing up and Mom seemed to be enjoying herself.

The next day my boy Alec and I went to play. We had a good time and I got some ribbons that seemed to make Mom smile. Something about a Breed ribbon and a Herding Group 2. Hey it was fun, that's all that matters in my world and I got to eat these really great rib eye steaks that Mom cooked just for Alec and me.

Later that evening, my best girl Bekka got some stuff out of her closet and got all prettied up. Boy did she look great, but turns out it wasn't for me. I don't get it! Hey and why was everyone calling me Hugh Ruffner?

Well after the show on Sunday it was time to tear down Camp Dog, and the humans were very efficient. I thought it was going to take all day but they cleared it up in no time. They are much better at packing up than creating.

Well we had us a big time, and I can't wait to go back out again with all my whole great big extended family. See ya soon!

Ruff Ruff out!

2 comments:

Winjammin' said...

Glad ya made it home Ruff Ruff!! Are you ready for this weekend?? More playtime in the ring and fraptime at mom Cindy's. I'm hoping to be able to do what you did last year and finish my Championship, or whatever that thing is that the humans keep talking about. That way I can go play with you in the ring, instead of my dad getting all the fun (even if you do beat him a lot, which I secretly enjoy hearing about hehe). I was talking to my big brother CM and he said that we'll just both have to work on growing up fast so we can give you a run for your money!! No free rides in this family!! :o)

Hope to see ya there!!!

Your Little Brother Bear

penni said...

It sounds like you have such a nice show group up there -- makes shows (win or lose) great fun.