Thursday, May 21, 2009

Water Bowl


It has already been determined that Ella is a Water Puppy.  In fact I think she is a Labrador in Cardigan clothing.  Yesterday, she was mad because I wouldn't let her spend the entire day outside. So my punishment was she repeatedly emptied the water bowls.  

Here's how it played out.  I would fill a bowl with water and she would immediately jump in it and splash all the water out. (A trick she learned from Shaker I might add.)  The first time it happened I cleaned up the mess and refilled the bowl.  But the darn puppy jumped right back in the bowl and emptied it again.  So I repeated the clean up but didn't immediately fill the bowl.  I locked her in a crate and gave the others water.  Then I picked up the water and released the prisoner.

About an hour later I refilled the bowl thinking she had learned her lesson.  WRONG!  She did it again.  So I spend most of the day individually watering dogs and picking up water bowls.

At the end of the night, she finally wore herself out but she wasn't about to give up the her personal pool!

4 comments:

Sherilyn said...

LOL Kind of like her own personal day at the spa! :) Boy, she has YOU trained! hehe

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Oh yes she does. Our obedience instructor keeps laughing and asking how long it has been since I had a puppy bitch? 18 yrs! Then she evil chuckles again and says "Yep their different than boys!"

Kodi said...

Kodi is the same way, though he's gotten better lately. He always has to test the water with his toes first. I got him a pool for this summer and I can't wait to see what he does in that. We're camping out at Lake Rathbun this weekend - his first time near the water. Should be interesting to see how he reacts.

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

I will be very interested to hear how your camping weekend turns out. I have had the pools out for a couple of weeks and they are very much appreciated. (Although I can honestly say they increase my work load!)