Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mud Puppy

Ella is a mud puppy.  She never met a pool, pond or puddle that wasn't her best friend.  By the end of the day she is a full blown mess.  Now my normal response to a seriously dirty dog is to dip them a few times in warm water, soap, rinse and repeat.  But by the 5th bath with this little dirt devil, I was over it and decided to examine the outcome of just letting well enough alone.

Okay so I stop giving her baths unless the mud is caked and believe you me it has been many times!  Well the darnest thing happened, she would magically clean up.  Her ruff would return to white and her feet and such too!  I am thinking this is pretty cool until today.

I am doing a bit of cleaning and I notice that the rungs of my banister are filthy.  So I bust out my bucket, Murphy's Oil Soap and start to clean my white wood work.  As I am scrubbing I realize that Little Miss Thing has been taking her wet muddy self and wiping it all over my WHITE wood work!

Memo to self: put some shammies by the dog door!

3 comments:

Sherilyn said...

LOL At least she's keeping herself clean...now you need to teach her how to clean the woodwork! ;) When you figure that out, please let me know and we'll send some of our 8 to YOUR house for training! hehe

Sarah said...

I gave up the bathing thing, too! Now I just herd the mud puppies into crates, let them dry, and they become clean again. Of course, then I have to vacuum the bottom of the crate or carefully carry the bedding out to return the dirt to the back yard! Smart girl, Ella!

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Yes Sarah I am engaging the dry out in the crate process now too. Today I swear I vacuumed a gallon of dirt out of Ella's crate! How does on puppy get so dirty?