Friday, March 20, 2009

We Did It


It could be said that the 3rd times the charm. Shaker passed his final exam from puppy class last night without reacting.  Whoooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!

The only thing I worried about was the "find fronts."  Not because I didn't think he could do them, because he has rocket recall and gorgeous fronts, but because the baby Golden Retriever was being handled by a child last night.  Now it wouldn't be a problem (the kid thing) but she had never been around Shaker and she kept letting the lead out for the Golden to "play" with Shaker.  Trust me having a baby Golden Retriever jump in Shaker's face is not Shaker's idea of playtime.  

Gratefully the instructor asked if I wanted to do the recall to front outside of the ring. Ordinarily, this would be riskier than in the ring, but not last night.  Shaker did a beautiful down stay, and recall to front in 3 times!  Good Boy Shaker Baby!

Then it was time for our trick.  The trick we worked on was, "How do you meet people?" and then he offers his left paw.  (Yeah I tried to get him to offer his right paw but decided to leave that for another day.) He did it beautifully.  Oh what a good boy.

Then to ice the cake it was time for pictures.  Shaker allowed the mortar board and gave me a beautiful watch for pretty pictures.  Then it was time for the Golden.  What a hoot!  The Golden was not having the whole hat thing much less stay or watch.  This comedy show went on for about 5 mins., and my Shaker Baby just laid at my feet watching.  I was so proud of him I about burst!  Good Boy Shaker Baby!

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Whooooooo Hooooooo!!! What a good boy!! He's come a long way, and Thanks to you, Kim! I can't think of a better place to have him! :D

Give that big boy a big hug and cookie from me, please!

Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!

Winjammin' said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY Shaker!!!

Now you just need to figure out a way to keep Ella from blaming you all the time when she does something naughty!