Saturday, February 23, 2008

Skitch




Skitch is our 2yr old domestic short hair cat whom I just happen to adore. He is our only cat that is completely unpulsed by Russ, and truth be told he enjoys getting the poor devil in trouble.

Last night I heard Kathy say "Russ!" and as usual my response was "What". Then I heard some mumbling about a business card holder from India she had received at an environmental conference. I walked into the family room to survey the damage and asked, "How did he get it"? We both said in unison--"Skitch". Sure enough Skitch had struck again, he waits until Russ is nearby and then knocks something to the floor just to see the dog run off with it so we watch very carefully. But sometimes chaos reigns and we miss the event and something gets chewed, broken or mutilated, as is the case of the Indian business card holder. Oops, looks like I am in the market for a new business card holder for Kathy.


Fast forward a few hours, and my beautiful puppy redeemed himself. This past Thursday I got hit with a freight train sized virus, and it has laid me low. Last night I was struggling to breath and get comfortable (read Ice) in bed, and my beloved Russ snuggled up next to me and was glued. Through all the position changes, coughing spells, need for water, and all other manner of movement he stayed right next to me. It was in the dark of night that I once again saw that beneath his puppy capers lies the heart and soul of a therapy dog. In my mind, his slate is clean.

No comments: