Thursday, February 28, 2008

Toilet Paper




Other than my hard drive and operating system being wiped clean by an errant piece of software, my mother-in-law getting her knee replaced and my brother and his family coming to town for an interview it was shaping up to be a pretty tame week. So yesterday I was busy finishing the cottage spring cleaning and patting my self on the back for getting it all done when my phone rang. It was Kathy, and with just a few words that included--"I dropped Russ getting him out of the crate and he won't walk on his front foot", I dropped everything, jumped in the truck and headed to town.


In route, I made frantic calls because our vet had a death in the family and wasn't available. Thanks to Cindy and Kerri who were calm and pointed me toward others. Fast forward, 60 mins and 3 x-rays and I hear the pitter patter of my little Russ' feet. I think he is walking, no sounds like running--sure enough he had a miraculous recovery and did a celebratory lap or two in the back room of the vets office. So we got instructions about keeping him quiet (vet said good luck), NSAIDS for 4 days, gave them a check for an undislosed amount and off we go to the airport to pick up my brother and company.


So by this morning I am feeling pretty good about keeping him reasonably quiet. So when it was go outside, and I heard the phone ring, I ask myselft "How much trouble can he get into while I answer the phone"? Well turns out not too much trouble--just create a big mess with a triple role of toilet paper. Where he got the roll is beyond me but he had a hay day--paper strewn all over, ripped up, shredded......all in about 3 minutes! He is back in his crate.












No comments: