Monday, March 3, 2008

How many Russ' can one house hold?

I am sure I mentioned earlier that my mother-in-law had her knee replaced. So with this procedure comes visiting nurses, physical therapist and occupational therapists. Believe you me the influx of health care professionals in our home is a fantastic recipe for Corgi Capers. Here's the first installment.

At O'ridiculous:30 this morning, the call came that the visiting nurse would be here in 15 minutes. Sure enough Ann the visiting nurse arrived right on time. Without even thinking, she slipped her shoes and I lead the way to Rose.

The phone rang again almost immediately and the voice on the other end identified himself as Russ the physical therapist, and asked for Rose. I replied, "Just one moment" and out of the corner of my eye, I see Russ (Corgi) dash by with Ann's (visiting nurse) shoe. Crap! I sternly call, " Russ drop it". At which point, I hear the voice on the phone say "excuse me, is Rose home?"

Oh my, poor fellow, I immediately apologize and explain that Russ is also my Corgi puppy--who believes shoes left by the front door are his personal play things!

Memo to self--tell all visiting health professionals that shoes go in the laundry basket by the front door. No exceptions!

No comments: