Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Squirrels




Someone in our neighborhood is feeding the squirrels. In fact, one of the recipients of these free meals has taken up residence in our Bradford Pear tree. He is a big fat sassy squirrel who frankly I am a little bit afraid of as he chatters at the dogs and makes threatening gestures. Anyway I digress, every time I think I have all the corn cobs cleaned up another one appears in our yard. Russ thinks these empty corn cobs are great chew toys, so I fight a never ending battle with him to leave the disgusting things alone.

So today we had our usual repartee of me finding Russ chewing on the cob, telling him to leave it, then taking it out of his mouth, followed by his "I don't get it look". But what I haven't mentioned is every time I stop him from doing something he really wants to do he immediately goes into herding overdrive. He circles, nudges, grabs my pant legs--oh my I just had an awful thought about summer and shorts--and generally tries to get me to do exactly what he wants me to do. So this scenario usually ends with me trudging toward our front door with a Corgi hanging off my pants!

But today takes the cake, I got so distracted by the demented squirrel, dog chewing the corn cob, and me hoping my pants last until summer that I forgot Russ hadn't done his duty. Yep you guessed it, he walked in the house and went right in front of my reading chair--well I should probably be honest--it's really his chair now. (Ha! I got the Spot Bot out!)

Just another day and another laugh with my buddy Russ.

No comments: