Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm Up, So You Are Up!



Russ can be a little intense especially in the morning. When he wakes up, he is ready to be up and out the door quickly. We learned this early in our dog-human bonding time, so this morning was not much different than any other morning except I thought, albeit stupidly, that since it was Sunday I could convince him to go back to bed with me.


Here's the scene... We go outside for a business session, and instead of our usual routine of sit/stay by the front door while I take off shoes, hang up my coat, and remove his leash, I put him on the chairlift to go back upstairs. He was game because it did not involve the horrible long sit/stay! I put him back in bed, gave him a toy and naively crawled back into bed. Immediately it started--bark, bark, bark, bark. I told myself if I just ignore him he will settle down. Wrong! More bark, bark, bark, bark. I covered my head with the blanket and hoped he would settle. Wrong Again...more barking! I gave up and got up.


Check out how smug he looks when he won the battle of wills!

No comments: