Friday, March 28, 2008

Corgi Height




A pair of Kathy's reading glasses were Corgied this morning. We were having coffee with a friend and Russ was gleefully chewing on what I thought was a bone in the dining room. I could plainly see him, well to be honest--I could plainly see his backside and could hear what I thought was a bone--NOT. (Great now not only have I had to train my ear to the difference between bone and wood chewing, but have to fine tune it to the difference between bone, wood and reading glasses. I am sure this is not why my parents spent their hard earned money sending me to music lessons. Sigh)


Our friend said--well they must have been Corgi height. Which got me to thinking--What is Corgi height? Is it 4 Corgi feet on the ground? Which translates into just a little over 12 inches or hassock level. Is it stretched to his fullest while standing on his back legs? This translates into almost 3 ft or the edge of the kitchen table. Or is it anything he can jump up on and then stretch to his fullest so as to liberate some poor unsuspecting object. This translates into 6 or more ft. or end tables, Kathy's desk, essentially anything in the house. Now from Russ' perspective the later is his definition and from my perspective the former is right definition.

Well for now Russ is one more up, but have I mentioned I am very competitive. Trust me it isn't over until I win! (Kathy just came in and said I am blissfully naive and I will never win. Sigh)

Another day another laugh with my buddy Russ,

No comments: