Friday, March 7, 2008

Just call me Killer


This is definitely one for the scrapbook, but before I begin I feel the need to flash back a few years.

About 3 yrs ago, my sister Heidi and I were walking the bike path after dark and a strange fellow approached us. My sister was walking Sara and I had my beloved border collie Tippy. When the fellow got close enough to hear me, I said to Tippy, "Let's go Killer". The fellow avoided us like we had the plague. Mission accomplished. Later Heidi decided she should have called Sara--Bullet. (Believe you me when Sara was a young dog, Bullet was perfect. She could run a straight line like greased lightening!) Okay flash forward to today....


A new physical therapist (PT) called today to say he was on his way and wanted us to "put away our vicious dog". Vicious dog--we don't have a vicious dog, so imagine my surprise. When the new PT came to the door, I met him at the door with Russ in my arms. He said, "Is this the vicious dog"? I said, "Yep, we call him Killer". The obviously embarrassed PT reached out to pet Russ and Russ licked his hand. Yes indeed a vicious dog for sure.


Turns out what happened was the previous PT has put in the system computer that we had a vicious dog. As Paul Harvey would say--here is the rest of the story. When the previous PT had come to the door, Russ had met him and jumped up on him. When this happened I told Russ off and he got down and went about his happy business. Oh my if this constitutes a vicious dog--we are all in trouble!

No comments: