Sunday, March 23, 2008

Revenge is a Plate Best Served Cold


This evening I decided to trim Russ' nails. We have used the old fashioned trial and error method of finding the best way to trim him and landed on--Kathy holding him belly up on her lap and gently talking to him about the days events. We have come a long way from him acting like we are trying to skin him but he still will occasionally squirm. Up until tonight, when he moved I was able to recover, but tonight I nicked his quick. There was a small amount of blood for which the styptic stick stopped the bleeding immediately. He never fussed until Kathy put him down.

Then he let me have it. He couldn't tell me loud or often enough what a blooming idiot I was and that I should never be allowed to handle sharp objects again. In fact at one point during the tirade I think he suggested blunted kindergarten scissors would be too much for me to handle. I told him I was very sorry but nail trimming was not optional. He assured me I will get mine.

It has been about and hour now since the trimming incident and he is still furious with me. Among other things he is bashing the treat ball that has my voice recorded on it into the wall. Let's hope the plaster holds!

Just another day and another laugh with my buddy Russ.

3 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

Isn't it funny how dramatic they can be!!! I love his revenge though! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your Corgi Capers by Russ. You are a hilarious writer - I look forward to each new Caper you write, please do not ever stop. Russ is such an amazing dog - what an attitude he's got! This "Revenge" story is the best one of all, although I really enjoyed his dishwasher antics. Thank you!

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Russ gives me great material! Thanks for reading. Kim