Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chaos Reigns


Tuesday is always a busy day, but today chaos is the only appropriate word to describe the happenings.

Did I mention that my hard drive got wiped clean leaving only a MS DOS prompt? Well living on that computer was my calendar, so for the last couple of weeks every day has been a crap shoot. But today took the cake, Kathy had an eye appointment, I remembered my hair appointment for a cut and color at noon but I didn't remember that I had Dr. appointment as well. So at 10:20, I learned I had a 10:30 appointment. Hello! Okay I locked Sara in the bathroom because she hates the vacuum cleaner even more than Russ and would eat the cleaning woman, jumped in the shower, had clean clothes on and reasonably dry hair and was out the door 7 minutes later.

It wasn't until I was at the doctor that I remembered I left Russ out. Now my little buddy can get into trouble with supervision--imagine my panic. Kathy was only about 5 minutes from the house so she scooted home to assess damage, triage as necessary and put Russ in his crate.


Turns out all he did with his time was roll the voice recorded treat dispensing toy in front of the bathroom door to torment Sara with the sound of my voice saying, "Sara, Russ, come and get a treat. Here puppy puppy puppy". Poor Sara! (But she loves Russ so much that she didn't destroy the toy or Russ for that matter when she was released from captivity)

PS The picture is of Russ hanging out with my new computer. He was probably dreaming of eating more keys, posting to his blog, or checking the number of points he has or.....?

No comments: