Thursday, March 27, 2008

Foiled







Okay it is baby day, and when and even if I get a shower is a crap shoot. (Of course, I could get up early and take one before he gets to the house, but lets face it I have never met a morning I liked. The last time in my adulthood I willingly got out of bed before 9 was on a ski trip to Keystone to watch the sun come up over the mountain. Now look I am all distracted again) Anyway, about 1:00pm today, the baby was sleeping, Russ was sleeping (see picture 1)so I thought wow I can get my shower. I tiptoed up the stairs, and got showered.

I peeked around the stairs and Russ was not waiting for me at the foot so I naively thought he was still sleeping, so I got dressed and even blew dried my hair. Wow what a treat! I went back down stairs thinking I would find my sleeping puppy in the reading chair--NOT! Crud! I start to look for him and survey any damage.

I find him looking all innocent hanging out in his "front room reading chair".(see picture 2) I did not see any signs of carnage, so I said wow I dodged a bullet. I head to the kitchen to do the lunch dishes. And then I see it--fabric for a crate cover, my reading glasses and the pattern (see picture 3). He had just strewn it about, so I think that I must have foiled his plot to shred it when he heard me coming down the stairs and he beat Corgi feet to the chair.


Just another day and another laugh with my buddy Russ.

No comments: