Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Chair Lift or Bust Baby


When Russ arrived in our home the only thing that shocked me was that he wasn't allowed to climb steps until he reaches maturity or around 18 months. I remember reading that and thinking "holy cow, Batman--he is going to weigh 35lbs by then". Then I quickly remembered we had chair lifts. We started teaching him immediately how to ride patiently up and down, and now he sits and waits as if it is his due to ride in comfort while the rest of us slogs climb the steps!


You might be wondering if we put the chair lift in for the dog, and while I suppose it is possible we would do such a thing the chair lift predates Russ. They were put in for Kathy's mother when she broke her ankle. Now I vote them among the top ten additions to our house--second only to the Spot Bot! I still bow down and thank all that is good and true daily for the Spot Bot!

No comments: