Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Little Tipped


My brother, his wife and their daughter Issy were here for a visit just a short while ago. Issy has decided she really really wants to learn how to show a dog, so I thought taking her to a conformation class would be a good experience. Off we go to the local kennel club's class, and Russ was on fire. He was doing everything beautifully, and Issy was begging to give it a go. So , what the heck, I hand off his leash to her for a run down the mats.


Issy takes the leash with all the confidence of a seasoned handler and starts down on the diagonal. Well Russ has other ideas and herds her into the opposite corner complete with grabbing pant legs. So I stroll across the floor to rescue the poor dear, but also didn't want to embarrass her. When I reached her she looks at me and says, "I guess it's a good thing that I want to show Shih Tzu's." I said, " Yes, dear only people who are a little tipped like Auntie Kim love Corgis." Without missing a beat, she looked up at me and said, "That's what Daddy said too."


Just another day, and another laugh with my buddy Russ!

No comments: