Monday, June 9, 2008

Take That...



First, I would like to announce that Music is officially a permanent addition to our happy pack. We are very pleased to welcome this sweet couch potato.


Now before Russ leads a full fledged revolt, I must publicly admit my mistakes and profess my intentions for the future!


First my mistake. I took Music to another dog show this weekend and left Russ a home with the rest of our base crew. You would think I would have learned my lesson when he was put out with me when I took him and just didn't put him in the show ring. But apparently, I am a little slow on the uptake because leaving him behind--well put out doesn't even come in the zip code of his agitation.


When I got home yesterday, he was initially very happy to see me--tail wagging and asking for pets. I picked him up and told him how special he was to me. Then he remembered that I left him at base camp while I went to play. He proceeded to jump up and grab my shorts and shirt then tried to eat my shoes. This business went on for quite some time. But today, he decided that I was only allowed to pay attention to him. Every time I reached out to pet Music, Mr. Russ came flying and would throw his body in between us.


So I was not surprised when I received a document from his lawyer. Anything that starts with Whereas my idiot owner, is going nowhere good. So to keep peace in the family, I have pledged to never leave him at home unless it is his choice to do so. He insisted that I put the signed document in the safe immediately.

Just another day and another laugh with my buddy Russ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you failed to mention was the original wording of said legal document(not fit for a G rated web blog) Russ, I thought we taught you not to speak to your mom like that???

Heehee, I can't wait to see what legal proceedings happen with the arrival of the new pup!

Hugs and lots of love,
Auntie Cindy