Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Water + Extra Work = Crazy Dog


It is 9:22 am and it has already been a full day of Cardi Corgi Capers.


The past few days have been crazy with extra work from the flood and then high water so it has been difficult to really exercise my young Cardis. It has been building, and I knew it was coming so I shouldn't be surprised that Russ has become a crazy dog.


Here's a taste of the morning so far....


We slogged our way out for a morning business session and Russ is acting like he has ADHD. First he would dart out to the end of his leash chasing a duck, then smell something wonderful in the grass, then oh oh a piece of drift wood that just had to be picked up and carried. Mean while, I am thinking he is going to pull my shoulder out of the socket. So I am valiantly trying to get him to focus--making him sit, look at me, and then release to walk--boom out he goes to the end of his leash like a bullet.


Music of course was being delightful except it takes her 30 mins to find just the right spot for business--sigh.


We came back in the house and instead of the accepted routine of sit and wait while I take leashes off, Russ flies in the house like a demented Cardi chasing one of the cats and pulls me down. So picture it folks, Russ is at the end of his leash looking at me like "I don't get it", I splayed out like a bad yard sale and Music is still standing on the porch with the door shut between us. Yesh!


Apparently Kathy decided the only way she was getting coffee was at McDonald's so we are "enjoying" a cup of sludge and I hear crunch. My immediate response was, "Russ what are you chewing?" Turns out it was Kathy's sunglasses. They were rescued just in the nick of time--only a couple of Cardi teeth prints and slobber.


Then Russ decides that my river sneakers need liberating and chewing... sigh. I am so going to exercise that dog today if it only involves runnng up and down the street between mud puddles!

No comments: