Monday, June 2, 2008

When you don't show your show dog...








Okay I already noted that Russ was a bit of a handful when he didn't get to go to the show ring, but we are still suffering the consequences.

We got home late afternoon and accomplished the bare minimum of unpacking, grabbed a quick bite at the local Mexican restaurant, fed, pottied dogs and went to bed early.

So naturally Russ got up super duper early--5:00am. Okay I can live with that--we all went out for a quick walk and I thought, albeit stupidly, that we would all go back to bed for a bit. Wrong!

Russ would have nothing of it and tormented Kathy on the futon for the next hour. He jumped on the cat, pulled cans out of recycling, chewed the rug, loudly chewed his bones and to top it off he played with the baby's music maker. Kathy said she heard Old McDonald being played and wondered what fool had changed their cell phone ring. Then she realized it was Russ!

The carnage continued after I got up, but he took a different route. He found the show bag. I thought he would just drag it around the living room so I left him to his own devices until I realized he had actually unzipped the bag's compartments--taken out show leads, buckle collars, and had found the liver snacks.

When I took the bag away from him, I actually think he stuck his tongue out at me. Oh my I do believe I have learned a very valuable lesson!

Another day and another big laugh with my buddy Russ.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim my computer went down and had to be wiped clean. Thus your email address has been wiped too. I have lots of puppy questions will you email me so I can ask? Joy joyson2@mchsi.com

Anonymous said...

Gee...and all we get is the cold, silent treatment. Just wait until he gets back in the ring...pain in the butt is going to be an understatement!!! Lucky Cindy!! LOL BTDT!!!

Cheer up little buddy!! Your day to back in the ring is coming soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh the cold silent treatment would be a much appreciated relief. Yep I can't wait to see what he does when Cindy gets him on the end of a show lead. I think I might end up hanging my head in shame!

Anonymous said...

I've been pumping iron in anticipation. Hoping you bring along your running shoes so he gets his marathon walk before we go in the ring.

Anonymous said...

Running shoes on the list. check!