Sunday, October 19, 2008

Competition

Shaker Baby and I started obedience class 2 weeks ago and so far he has lived up to all my hopes and expectations. He is a clever little fellow and learns very quickly. So one might ask why did I title this post competition?

Well because it is actually about Russ. Let me give you some background information. Russ and I were lock stepping our way through a series of obedience classes in preparation for starting to compete at least at the Rally level for starters. Well Russ gets it but he is not consistent and can decide at any moment to take a frolic and detour, so it is a bit challenging. So let's get back to the competition thing.

Last Saturday morning, Shaker and I headed out to puppy beginner class and had a great time. I'm pretty sure Russ was thinking it was a one shot deal until we left again this Saturday morning. When we got home Russ was pretty put out and became very attentive to me. And everytime I start to work with Shaker, Russ is Johnny on the spot ready to work and do whatever I would like from him. I have had the best heels, sits, downs and long stays that I have ever had with him in the past few days.

Meanwhile, Shaker is getting some really consistent sits, leave its, and downs are coming along nicely. So imagine that the boys are much more attentive when they are in competition.

No comments: