Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Break for Some Football




Russ is working on his crazy dog routine, and I know it is because he is not getting enough of my attention. This morning on our short walk he decided he was going to herd me, and thank goodness I had jeans on, because the little *&^% (oh I really mean bugger) bit my ankles and calfs in an attempt to move me where he wanted me to go. So we had an interesting discussion shall we say on the way home!


So after a full but productive day, we had half and hour before dinner was ready and I took everyone outside for some playtime. Music made it immediately clear that she had no desire to be outside with the football crazy boys and went inside to watch from the safety of the kitchen door. Shaker, on the other hand, was game. I tell you what, Shaker has a real "put me in coach" attitude.

So Russ, Shaker and I were in the back yard having a rousing game of football with Russ' new John Deere nerf football, and it wasn't 5 minutes before the "new" football looks like it has been through a war zone. It was trashed, but believe you me Russ will be playing with it for some time.

Well everyone came in hot, tired and very happy!

1 comment:

Winjammin' said...

I can just see Russ and Shaker squaring off like the Budweiser Clydesdales in the commercials!!