Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mornings

Our morning routine is somewhat dictated by Shaker. He has the puppy bladder and needs to go out sooner than the big dogs, so when he wakes up we make the great trek down the stairs and outside. Now mind you it is usually too early to even consider staying up, so after they make "outside potty," we head back to bed. Usually, everyone snuggles down for a nice morning nap, except today.

I have no idea what got into Shaker but he decided morning nap time was actually romp and frap time. Russ played with him for a couple of minutes but then gave him the--"dude it is time to snuggle with Mom time--give it a rest" snarl. Personally Musey and I were pretending we didn't notice that Shaker was on a terror until...

I feel him bite my nose and put his boxing glove size paw in my ear. ( I wish to pause and thank the SumJammin breeding partnership for sending Clifford the giant brindle Cardi to my house.) Any who, there is no ignoring his royal lugness climbing over my head grabbing tufts of my hair on his route. As I am yelping in pain, Music gives me a look like "can we send him back now?" My response is no we just have to teach him some manners. She gives me another look like--"ya right let me know when you make some progress."

So he is literally lying across my neck when I roll over to meet his eyes. Can you just picture it? I look deep into his oh so innocent big brown eyes and say--"this will not do." He then leaps off my neck and lands on Russ. Well Russ has had enough and puts his front paws on Shaker so he can't go anywhere. Well let me tell you, Shaker thought very little of this and put up a howl. I made Russ release him and I swear both Russ and Music gave me a look of "have it your way but you control him or we will."

I pulled Shaker up close to me in hopes that him feeling my heart beat would settle him, but no dice. I'm thinking, I know that I went through this with Russ--what did I do? Ah yes, bring toys to bed. I set out to bring really great toys to bed, but Shaker is not content to play with toys by himself, he wants interaction. Now this is great news for bringing up a performance dog, but not great news for quiet snuggle time in the morning.

Well stay tuned we just have to see who prevails--Russ, Music and me or Shaker!

4 comments:

Winjammin' said...

Gee, so just what are you trying to say? ;o) And here I thought you liked the big cuddly puppies!!hehe

My money is on Shaker!!!

And, finally, you are MOST welcome for the little terror. We have one of our own! ;o)

Cindy said...

Your very much welcome! Glad that we could help fulfill your grandest dreams or is that nightmares?

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Guess what the lug is doing now--napping on the air conditioning vent!

For the record he over fills the air vent so where ever he is sleeping doesn't get any air!

ya just gotta love the big puppy!

Winjammin' said...

Just hope he didn't learn anything from Ransom last time they were together!! ;o)