Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Afternoon Walk




Well this is as good a time as any to tell you about a little female Cardi we have staying with us for a while. Her name is Music and she is a very shy little girl, so we are trying to find some things that really make her happy.

Today we three went on our first walk together. Now Russ likes to move when he is walking, and I mean move. He is not a dog that lets any grass grow under his paws. He has smells to sniff, trees to anoint, people to greet, and water fowl to put in the water.

Music on the other hand is a smell the roses kind of Cardi. So here's the scene, Russ out ahead and Music behind me. It had to look like a bad parade. Russ kept turning around wondering why we weren't going any faster, and Music was giving me a can't we slow down a little bit look. So I hold firm that we are going to compromise, and Russ gives me his best--"I don't get it look."

Finally Russ had enough and turned around to me and started giving me his opinion. While I can't translate the specifics, I am sure it went something like this--"I can't believe we have to walk so slow, this is stupid, make her move, come on Mom make her move, I don't get it."

I even made matters worse by insisting on stopping so that I could take his picture along the river bank. I took a bunch and believe it or not the one I posted is the best. Can't you just see the disgust in his eyes?

We'll try again tomorrow! Just another day and another laugh with my buddy Russ.

No comments: