Monday, May 12, 2008

Grandpa Fred Visits


Russ here.


Grandpa Fred came to visit me this weekend. (So did Uncle Moose and Eddie but I'll write about those characters later.) Wow is my Grandpa Fred fun.


First thing Grandpa Fred showed me was a Cardi can jump from the floor to the bed. I didn't know this because Mom said Cardis can't jump that high. Boy was she wrong!


Ya know what else? Grandpa Fred likes to hunt cats as much as I do. But he has better technique than I do. He taught me how to double team cats. He took one side of the bed and he showed me how to take the opposite side so we could pin them down and make them go where we wanted. Grandpa got the head part, boy is he ever smart, and I got the back side. Grandpa is really smart because my cats only have claws in the back and I got a bloody nose. Only Mom cared about the bloody nose because of the show the next day. I didn't care because I was hunting cats with Grandpa.


Speaking of shows, when we had some down time, Grandpa Fred told me ways to make dog shows super duper fun. He said to pretend that you are a "bee on a string" and make the humans really work. He said pull, zip, zing, bark and generally make a big 'ol pest of yourself, because humans are crazy funny when they have to work hard. He also told me to jump off the table, but I decided to save that trick for later.


Well I can't wait to play with Grandpa Fred again. Maybe next time we can play in his barn. He says he has a great barn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me over! Man, your cats are so much fun. We only have one in the house and she teases me from the top of the bunk bed. The barn cat knows how to run and hide in the pasture where I am not supposed to be without the humans, what a bummer.

Believe me, your mom will tell you about lots of things that cardigans are supposed to be able to do. It's fun making them eat their words.

I'm going to go down and check out the creek and make sure it's safe for you to come and play in. As much as I got told "no" about your BIG creek, I think I had to agree with my mom, that current is way too fast and too deep for us to play in right now.

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Fred--your right my cats are great. I have been using the under the bed trick all morning. Although it works better when there are two of us. I keep running back and forth, but sometimes the cats escape. Mom finally had enough of my barking and squirted me--darn!

My big creek is still going really really fast, so Mom still says no way buddy. Don't tell her but I think she is right too!