Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Day in the Life...


My sweet little niece, Izzy spent the night after my son's graduation party. The night before I just plain ran out of steam about midnight and left one plate of marinated red peppers and artichokes on the counter, but rinsed or washed everything else. Okay fast forward to Sunday morning.


At 6:10, Russ woke up and announced he had to go outside right now! So I did my usual stumble to the door, and then back to bed. It was just a couple few minutes later that Kathy said through laughter, "the cats knocked the anti-pasta tray off the counter, and Music slide through it chasing a cat." Then she says, "please clean it up." Before I even have a chance to groan my niece says, "Sara will clean it up."


I got up and scooped up the red peppers and artichokes, found some paper towels and wiped up the bulk of the olive oil and spices. Then semi-mopped the floor. Then I tackled the oil drenched dog's under belly. All I could think was--it had to be at that moment in time that she decided to be a normal Cardi! When that was all done, I glanced at the clock 6:33. Groan.


By 10:00, I had ironed everything in sight for the big graduation ceremony, hushed Sara and Russ more times than I care to count and did a couple of loads of laundry. The white load I dumped on the bed and immediately got distracted. When I returned to fold it, I found Music burrowed into the middle of it. It was at that moment, I wished that I had been more through with the earlier dog washing! Sigh.


Russ was having his usual day of cat hunting and shoe thieving....


Just another day and another laugh with my buddies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be glad you only have 3, and that they haven't learned to work together yet. Our 5, and little #6 is learning fast, have all worked together in the past to distract, destroy, and just generally cause as much commotion and chaos as they can, usually all at the same time.

Where's Calgon when you need it?! Ok, or a hot tub! LOL

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Perish the thought!