Friday, May 2, 2008

Chasing Butterflies

When I was finishing my degree, my euphemism for screwing around and not accomplishing anything was "Off Chasing Butterflies." Funny what comes home to roost.

Nick was busy with other things today so Russ had to settle for me and a softball in the yard. He really dug the softball and when I wasn't moving fast enough he would actually bring the ball to me! Who knew, a herding dog can fetch when the spirit moves. So I am throwing this softball all over the yard and he is a Cardi on a mission unless he saw a little white Cabbage Butterfly. It was just too much for him he would run off in circles flitting here and there chasing these little butterflies.

You might be thinking well there weren't that many distractions but remember we live on the edge of the woods, and have a bike path running through the side yard. Squirrels, deer, bikers, joggers, children--nothing made him lose his focus except these little white butterflies.

Well here's to chasing butterflies!

No comments: