Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Helped Save Mom

Russ here.

Mom got some new exercise equipment for Christmas--something called a Power Plate. Anyway she has it all set up in the exercise room in the basement. She was down there yesterday afternoon going to town, and no one is supposed to bother her--even me. Yesh!

Anyway she finishes up and tries to open the door and the door handle was jammed. She wiggled and tried to get out, but no go. She didn't have her cell phone and my other Mom had taken the land line phone to use in the family room. So anyway she is trapped. Oh did I mention that this is the only room in the house without any windows?

So Mom waited until she heard footsteps upstairs and then started banging on the door. When I heard Mom banging on the door, I started barking and didn't stop until Mom Kathy discovered where the banging and yelling was coming from.

Well as the humans tell it--they slid a screwdriver under the door and took apart the door handle and then jimmied the mechanism loose to free Mom. Yeah! I was very happy when Mom came upstairs and started cooking dinner.

Russ out!

1 comment:

Sherilyn said...

What a good boy, Russ!! You deserve an extra cookie or two for saving Mom!

Your Uncle Boo was taking care of me last night, too, after my fall down the stairs...you boys are such GOOD boys! Where would we be without any of you!

Hugs & love from all of us!
Aunt Sherilyn