Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Play Ball

It's still really too cold to play outside so I approved some ball playing in the hallway. Now a few things to remember about my boys-- 1) They are nuts for playing ball; 2) They are herding dogs; and 3) They are NUTS for playing ball. So given this combination...

Some background: Nick throws the ball down the hall, and the Cardis run for it with great frenzy. Sometimes they bring it back but most times Nick has to go and get the ball.

Either way, Shaker is having some difficulty with the rules of the game--namely the "no biting" rule. You see, Shaker's herding instinct has turned on with a vengeance, and he figured out very early on that biting, initially me, in the seat of the pants got a reaction. So I put some very firm rules around his activities when we are playing, and I haven't had any problems in a month or so. But Nick has some trouble with consistency so today I was helping him with body language, follow through, etc.

Now when I was shooting this video I knew that I shouldn't laugh but I couldn't help myself and I busted out!

1 comment:

Sherilyn said...

ROFL!! I love it when you jump when Nick threw the toy, then he jumped almost as much when Shaker got him in the behind. ;) Now we know where Bear gets it from, too! Gotta be Mom!! Boo never does that!!