Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday!

I can't believe my buddy is 1 year old today. So it seems only fitting to do a year in review series.

It was a cool September evening that we met Cindy and picked up the wonder puppy. Except he wasn't Mr. Outgoing then. He was super shy and scared to death about leaving his puppy siblings. So we were supposed to meet some friends in a little town at a restaurant that specialized in local meats and produce. Well those plans got scrapped in a New York minute, and we ended up eating burgers at the Dairy Queen on an outside picnic table. We took turns holding the puppy so the other could eat. Did I mention it was cool when we picked him up--well it was freezing by the time we ate dinner. I should have know that it was going to be quite a ride.

Let's take a ride through some of the high lights of his capers...

Christmas Carnage--he slipped between the iron rails of our bed, jumped into a laundry basket to then find freedom. He made his way into the wrapping room and in a matter of minutes tore into at least 15 packages! I found him in a sea of wrapping paper, ribbons and tape. He needed a bath and I found out that I got what I wanted for Christmas.

Then there was the time he jumped into the dish washer to get a better vantage point to finish licking dishes.

Of course, we must always remember him eating my lap top keyboard. I didn't have cvbnm for two weeks.

Scads of toilet paper was shredded, my sherling slippers, and of course let's always remember my pair of Cole Hann shoes--all corgied!

Well I'll post a birthday picture from his party tonight tomorrow! More stories to follow.

4 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Happy Birthday big boy!! :) Here's to many more!!!

Love,
Aunt Sherilyn

Anonymous said...

Thanks Aunt Sherilyn. Mom's throwing a party tonight--something about the neighbor's 21st birthday, but I know it is all about me. Hope she bought me a present! Russ

Anonymous said...

Congrats big man!!! Make sure you celebrate in all of the right (read mom's wrong) ways!! :o)

Make sure you get lots of meat and cake!!

Unknown said...

What about your $500 glasses?