Sunday, November 9, 2008

Exciting Morning

Hey it's me Shaker Baby!

Boy did we ever have and exciting time during breakfast this morning. You know we live in the country now so we have all kinds of really cool wild life. Mom got all excited when she saw a pheasant this morning, but the real excitement came from the cat.

Mom was shredding potatoes to make some hash when Skitch kitty came flying up the stairs and jumped on the counter. My boy Nick yelled Skitch has a mouse. Mom squealed! (You see Mom doesn't like mice, spiders, snakes, or any vermin in the house. She is really funny that way) So Mom Kathy came in to help.

Well you see what happened was Skitch got one of the sticky traps with a mouse on it caught on his tail. So not only did we have the excitement of a flying cat and a swinging mouse, but then Skitch had to have a bath.

Whoooo weeeee it was a morning filled with good shows for a puppy like me!

Shaker Baby signing out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok the mental picture had me laughing out loud, my gang thought I was nuts. I hate mice too.

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Oh yes, it was quite a sight. I think the best moment afterwards was my from my 82yr old mother in law who said, "well I guess we really are living in the country." "Yep" was our only reply.

Sherilyn said...

LOL Oh my, you needed a spew alert on that one, Shaker Baby! I just about spit my coffee all over the computer screen.

You can keep the mice there in the country...I don't like them, either! Your brother Bear would probably enjoy chasing them, as would the rest of your cousins.

Have fun! :)

Love,
Aunt Sherilyn

Cindy said...

Well, living in deep in the country-a routine issue. Just ask how I got the pomeranian off the glue trap that was stuck to her belly or the cat with all four feet stuck. Least I forget Clairee and one stuck to her furry back feet.

WD40!

I now but them in shoeboxes with holes cut in the side or those nice metal contraptions that the glue traps fit into.

Don't you just love the country? Can I send you a coon or two, skunk maybe or how about possums?