Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Great Corgi Escape

Okay let's start with boys and doors, it almost seems like a foreign concept for teenage males to actually shut a door. But while this is the start of the story, I came into it in the middle, so that is where I will begin.

We were working in the back yard vacuuming leaves, when out of the corner of my eye I see Russ heading right toward me. My first reaction was, "Hey Russ buddy come get some pets," and then my brain fires correctly. What on earth is Russ doing in the back yard and where are the rest of my Cardi kids. So I call out my usual, "Cardi Kids," and around the corner comes Shaker and Music. Great right? Well sort of, because Music apparently was leading a grand frap, and was a not too happy that Russ came and ratted her out.

So here is the scene, Shaker is bounding toward Russ and me, when Music cuts him off and entices him with her best tail wag to follow her. Off goes my incredibly obedient puppy. I couldn't believe my eyes. Russ and I followed these clowns with me doing my best comedy act while calling "Beda Beda Beda--Cardi Kids."

Music is on a tear running all over the front yard and generally having a wee of a time with Shaker in hot pursuit. I once again call "Hey Cardi Kids" while dancing a silly dance and Shaker immediately started toward me. Good right? Not exactly, Music once again cut him off and whoosh off he goes with the vamp--opps I mean Music--again.

At this point, I looked at Russ and said, "Go bring those naughty dogs home." He flew out, cut Music off at the pass, nipped at her back legs and she headed straight for the garage. Of course as soon as Music headed for the house, Shaker was right behind. Russ got everyone into the garage where leashes were waiting and the Great Corgi Escape was over.

With everyone safely in the house, I was still vexed that Shaker didn't come back to me. Kathy assured me that I shouldn't take it personally because he was a teenager and was taken in by an older woman!

No comments: