Wednesday, November 5, 2008

To the Clever Goes the Spoils


I carry treats in my pockets all the time. With three dogs someone is always doing something right that warrants a nibble from my pocket. So wherever my pants land at night will often produce treat bits --closet floor, bedroom floor--you get the picture.


Well having very smart Cardigans they long since figured out that pants on the floor=free treats, so I have taken to throwing them over a chair or putting them on the cedar chest. But these clever Cardis have figured out ways to get the pants and the free treats.


In the past it is a 3 dog effort but this morning, my devious Russ got off the bed very early. Now usually when I hear his feet hit the floor it is immediately followed by "BARK BARK take me out right now"! But this morning he was quiet. Quiet I am thinking what is the little devil up to?


And I no more get the thought in my head when I hear "BARK BARK take me out right now"! So I get up and grab my pants, and what do my wondering hands feel but a wet pocket. I look at Russ and he has this look of "yep I am a clever fellow--I figured out if I get up really early I can steal the pants before the other dogs get up and get all the treats."


To the clever goes the spoils! My Russ puppy never ceases to amaze me.


3 comments:

Cindy said...

At least he doesn't eat through the pocket to get the goodies--his grandfather does!

Good boy Russ---I'm not sure what the score is but I think you are ahead.

Auntie Cindy

Sherilyn said...

Maybe Russ was a pickpocket in a previous life? He definitely has a stealth mode when he wants to. :)

I think the dogs were ahead a LONG time ago...Kim doesn't stand a chance, unfortunately.

Hugs,
Sherilyn

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing as Cindy, my pockets never survive.