Friday, November 21, 2008

Good Training Day

'Ya know when you have one of those good training days? It's a real high and today was one of those days.

Russ really wanted to please me today, and believe you me getting him excited about doing obedience has been a lot of work. Let's face it, he loves showing in the conformation ring and he gets a lot of positive attention while doing it, so learning obedience commands...well let's just say I have had to be a real comedian to get him going and excited. But today he was really into and loving getting all the praise, pats and belly rubs he could get. I'm not suggesting that it will stick when we hit the ring, but on this day he was having a blast. And so was I.

Now let's turn to Shaker. From day one he has been eager to please and picks up things very quickly. Today I introduced "find heel," and he got it in less than 30 seconds. And was solid as a rock every time I took off and said, "find heel." I was so amazed I nearly cried. (Okay now we are just going to have to work on him not popping up like a jack-in-the-box with every down).

Yes indeed today was a good training day.

No comments: