Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Be Wery Wery Quiet I'm Hunting Corgis


This morning the dogs were going nuts by the front door. I went to investigate thinking--postal person, Fed Ex, UPS but nothing. I couldn't imagine what they were carrying on about so I told them "Quiet" and went back to my dishes.


They would not shut up, so I look out again and I see two eagles--one mature and one immature (no white on its head or tail) flying around the front yard. WOW! I was glad I hadn't let them outside. The immature one lands in the tree not 15 ft from the garage. So I ran and quick got the camera and darted out the laundry room door in my bare feet. Did I mention that it is 10 degrees today? Anyway when I got outside and started taking pictures, I realize that what set the Cardis 3 off was the call the eagle was making. It was a very high pitched less than sing song call. Not a majestic call at all.


Well with the eagles this close I am going to have to be very careful about letting the Cardis out!
Editor's Note: You might have to click on the picture to "blow it up" to see the eagle. He has the same coloring and markings as the trees in winter.

No comments: